East Atlantic Boulevard Improvements
This project involved the reconstruction of East Atlantic Boulevard from A1A to Pompano Beach Boulevard/Briny Avenue including widening the sidewalks for outdoor dining , a revised parking configurations, landscaping and reconfigured street lanes. This was the first "shovel-in-the-ground" project in the East District . The main goal of the project was to create a pedestrian friendly and inviting environment and enable local businesses to provide a classy on-street cafe atmosphere.View Project Details
Main Design Objectives
- Create a pedestrian-friendly corridor to dine, shop and enjoy the beach area.
- Revitalize the beach community.
- Reconfigure the roadways to maximize a buildable footprint.
- Widen sidewalks and upgrade landscaping.
- Attract new businesses to support uses by residents and visitors (i.e., restaurants, beach related retail, etc.).
- Create connectivity to local businesses.
- Calming effect on roadways, making businesses noticeable to motorists.