Large or bulky items which cannot be containerized, bagged or bundled for normal solid waste collection service are considered bulk trash. Garbage is not considered bulk waste and will not be accepted for pick-up.
Click here to download the residential garbage, recycling & bulk pick-up schedule map.
Click here to download the Pompano Beach “All In!” Collection Guide.
Single Family, Duplex & Triplex
Residential properties currently have bulk trash collection once a week. A maximum amount of four cubic yards per week is allowed. All materials must be placed for collection at a single, readily accessible location in an area adjacent to a driveway. The location must be within ﬁve feet of the curb line; not within ﬁve feet of an abutting property; and not more than ten feet from the edge of the pavement/street. Bulk trash should be placed so it does not block any storm drain or access to utility service and meters. Bulk trash must be placed out for collection after 5:00 p.m. on the evening before the scheduled recycling collection day and before 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day. NOTE: Place small items into gray cart for collection.
In order to accommodate the semi-annual trimming of trees and shrubbery, the City is providing additional bulk collection services. Residents may schedule collection service for large amounts (up to 16 cubic yards) of bulk waste twice per calendar year. This additional collection is for vegetative debris only and requires and appointment. To avoid receiving a violation notice from Code Compliance, residents must schedule the appointment BEFORE placing materials out at the curb for collection. Call 954.786.4030 to schedule pick-up service. Weekly bulk collection (up to four cubic yards) will continue as usual.
Multi-Family (four or more units) and Mobile Homes
Multi-family properties receive two complimentary bulk collections a year (one truck-load maximum for each pickup) by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please contact the Environmental Services Department by phone at 954.786.4030 or via email at Bulk@copbﬂ.com. NOTE: For rental or timeshare properties, please call for an estimate for removal.
Public Residential Bulk Drop-Off
All Pompano Beach residents may choose to bring their bulk trash to the drop-oﬀ station themselves. The drop oﬀ is located at 1840 NW 33rd Street. The hours of operation are from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays ONLY. Materials will only be accepted from residential customers in non-commercial cars and pickup trucks. Proof of residency is required.
Click here for a map showing the drop-off location.
Decisions as to whether any material is acceptable or not is at the sole discretion of the Environmental Services Director or the appointed designee.
Examples of Acceptable Items:
- Household Goods: appliances, furniture, mattresses, box springs, toys, cardboard boxes and cartons, and other miscellaneous items found in a home
- Yard Trimmings: cuttings from bushes, shrubs, and trees which do not exceed six inches in diameter or six feet in length
- Home Renovation Materials: wooden fence sections six feet or less, wooden doors, and ﬁxtures such as sinks, toilets, and bathtubs
Examples of Unacceptable Items:
- Trees: non-processed material from large, full-grown trees including trunks, stumps and roots
- Construction Debris: concrete block, bricks, pavers, rooﬁng tiles and shingles, plywood sheets, drywall, plasterboard, paint and other similar materials produced by construction, remodeling, repair, and demolition
- Automotive and Marine: any body, engine, drivetrain, tires, or other similar vehicle parts
- Fill and Ground Material: dirt, rocks, sand or sod
What to Remember:
- All materials should be broken down as much as possible
- Maximum amount for pickup is four cubic yards (approximately 6 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet)
- Any scheduled pickup canceled due to inclement weather or mechanical issues will be removed on the next scheduled pickup day
- No hazardous waste materials will be accepted
- Do not place materials out for pickup more than 24 hours prior to your scheduled collection day – doing so may subject the homeowner to a ﬁne
- The bulk trash must be from the residential property where it is placed for collection – any bulk trash placed for pick-up from another location is prohibited and considered felony dumping
- Decisions as to whether any material is acceptable or not is at the sole discretion of the Environmental Services Director or his designee
Violations? What to Do:
- If the bulk trash is tagged or the property is posted with a violation notice, owners have 48 hours to remove the bulk trash or arrange for an additional pickup. Contact the Environmental Services Division at 954.786.4030 or via email at Bulk@copbﬂ.com.
Businesses and Vacant Lots
Bulk pick-up is available by appointment only for commercial properties and vacant lots. For cost estimates and scheduling, please contact the Environmental Services Department by phone at 954-786-4030 or via email at Bulk@copbﬂ.com. Additionally, photos demonstrating the size of the bulk trash to be collected can be sent via email for a cost estimate.
If you have questions or need to schedule a bulk trash pickup, please contact the Environmental Services Department by phone at 954.786.4030 or via email at Bulk@copbﬂ.com.