Skip to Content

Short Term Rentals

Short Term Rentals

What are short-term rentals?

A short term rental is a dwelling unit that rents or leases any living quarters or accommodation by the day, week, month or any other length of time for a term of six months or less in a calendar year. An example of short-term rental may include a home posted on a website like,, or other similar service.

How do I apply to the City for Rental Properties and/or a Short-term Rentals?

Click here for step-by-step instructions.

Are “short-term rentals” allowed in Pompano Beach?

An annual permit is required to operate a short term rental property in Pompano Beach.

What rules apply to “short-term rentals”?

As a part of the required permit, there are several standards associated with operating a short-term rental. Operators must obtain a license as a Transient Public Lodging Establishment with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations, a certificate of registration with the Florida Department of Revenue, a Broward County Business Tax Receipt and a City Business Tax Receipt. Upon approval of the permit, an Inspection will be organized that will include several inspectors from a variety of city departments.

What can the city do if a “short-term rental” is causing problems in the neighborhood?

If the operator of a short-term rental is causing problems in the neighborhood, under certain circumstances the city can revoke the annual permit. Reasons for revocation include, but are not limited to, false statements made on the application, reoccurring determinations by the Special Magistrate of violations of the code related to off-street parking, noise disturbances, refuse/ trash, and/ or other repeated code violations.

Who can I call if the “short-term rental” is causing problems in the neighborhood?

The most common complaints the City receives, as well as the City department’s contact information, are available on the "Complaints: Who to Contact” tab. Complaints regarding Noise are also available on the “Noise” tab. Please review these pages and contact the responsible department. If the complaint is not listed, please email