Social Media Disclaimer
The City of Pompano Beach produces & maintains a number of Official Social Media Pages. Links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein.
The City of Pompano Beach:
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- Does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites or the views the express or the products/services they offer.
- Cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- Does not endorse or support opinions or views expressed by users of the City of Pompano Beach [Insert Social Media site] page.
- Is not directed to children and will delete any information about a child under the age of 13 that may have been inadvertently collected upon becoming aware of such information.
- In accordance with Ch. 119 Florida Public Records Law, content on this site which is kept as a record of the City is subject to public disclosure requirements.
Unacceptable content and repeat individual violators shall be removed. Contact the City Attorney’s Office on any legal issues. The following forms of content posted by external and authorized users may be subject to removal if they contain:
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination of protected classes;
- Sexual harassment content;
- Solicitations of commerce or advertisements including promotion or endorsement;
- Promotion or endorsement of political issues, groups or individuals;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content intended to defame any person, group or organization;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, such as trademark or copyright infringement;
- Making or publishing of false, vicious or malicious statements concerning any employee, the City or its operations;
- Violent or threatening content;
- Disclosure of confidential, sensitive or proprietary information.
The City of Pompano Beach expects that participants will treat each other with respect. The use of vulgar, offensive, defamatory, disparaging, derogatory, sexual, threatening, defaming or harassing language is prohibited. The City of Pompano Beach’s social media pages are not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction. Users are prohibited from posting any copyrighted content without the copyright holder’s express permission or material protected by other intellectual property laws.
The City of Pompano Beach, Florida, does not intend to create a public forum on this site or any City of Pompano Beach social media site. This site is not for use by the public as a place for expressive activity. Users are prohibited from posting abusive or profane comments, and from content relating to politics, religion, supporting or opposing political candidates or issue advocacy, promoting illegal activity, or which is not topically related to the City’s particular request for public feedback. Users are prohibited from posting any information which might compromise the safety and security of the public, or any other posting that is not “topically” related to the particular posting.
The City reserves the right to eliminate comments/postings entirely or to edit them if deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-786-4600 in order to report the posting of materials infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights, identifying information about children, other illegal materials or content.