The City of Pompano Beach has developed a strategic partnership plan that welcomes the proposals from nonprofit organizations whose programming matches at least one or more of the funding priorities. In order to ensure that we have the proper information to evaluate and process your request, please follow these guidelines.
Partnership Application Info
The City of Pompano Beach is excited to announce that beginning April 4, 2022 – May 6, 2022, it will be accepting nonprofit partnership requests for the 2022-2023 fiscal year. The City will now only receive partnership requests once a year.
Partnership Application Open: April 4, 2022
Partnership Application Deadline: May 6, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. SHARP
Partnerships Announced: Week of July 18, 2022*
*Announcement date is subject to change based on city calendar
In an effort to answer any questions nonprofits may have about the application process the City will be hosting an online info session via Zoom in April 2023. Please check back at a later time for more information.
Recommended Award Letters for 2022-2023 are scheduled to be released on the week of July 18, 2022.*
*Date is subject to change based on City calendar
Organizations receiving City funds are required to:
- Attend mandatory Orientation Workshop on July 26, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. via Zoom
- Participate in a Nonprofit Program Services Fair 1-2 times a year
- Enter into a Miscellaneous Appropriations Contract with the City.
- Provide the City of Pompano Beach with the appropriate insurance requirements including, but not limited to:
- General Liability Insurance
- Sexual Molestation Coverage
- If your organization does not interact with children under the age of 18. Written documentation stating so would suffice.
- Auto Insurance
- If your organization does not have company vehicles, a copy of the main organization's contact personal insurance card would suffice. Coverage for a single day event would only need to reflect the minimum auto coverage.
- Workers Compensation Coverage
- If an organization has fewer than (4) employees, they may request a "Certificate of Election to be Exempt." To request exemption, please visit https://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/WC/Employer/Exemptions/
- If your organization does not fit the scope of business, please notify us and we will provide your organization with the City’s exemption form in lieu of the state’s.
- See Full Insurance Requirements
- See Sample Certificate of Insurance
- If a City of Pompano Beach funded program will be taking place on city property, a separate agreement will be required.
- For more information please visit http://pompanobeachfl.gov/pages/parks_rec/parks_rec.
- *Fees shall not apply for resident non-profit organizations as defined in § 98.47(A)(1)(b), for use of recreation centers or facilities during normal operating hours, for the purpose of organization or board meetings excluding holidays as observed by the City of Pompano Beach and the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department. Fee structure will apply for all other uses including fundraisers, social gatherings and room rentals.
As a standard practice, the City of Pompano Beach does not support and considers ineligible:
- For-profit organizations or those without a nonprofit, tax-exempt status.
- All awarded organizations must be a Not For Profit Corporation authorized to do business in the State of Florida
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Organizations or programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office.
- Faith-based organizations or religious programs whose principle purpose is promulgating a particular religious faith, creed or doctrine.
- Private foundations
- Community or event advertising
- Athletic sponsorships or scholarships
- Student trips or exchange programs
- Telephone solicitations
- Recreational, sporting or athletic associations
Disallowed expenditures as determined by the City of Pompano Beach; which includes, but not limited to:
- Personal digital assistants (PDAs), cell phones, smartphones, and similar devices
- Service costs to support PDAs, cell phones, smartphones, and similar devices such as wireless services and data plans
- Proposal preparation including the costs to develop, prepare or write the proposal
- Pre-award costs
- Out-of-state travel; non-local travel expenses
- Gift cards
- Purchase/lease of facilities or vehicles (e.g., buildings, buses, vans, cars)
- Rentals – one day only (written justification and approval needed for additional time)
- Entertainment - exceptions shall be made for community events (written justification and approval needed prior)
- Land acquisition
- Honorariums for presenters/speakers and any costs associated with travel expenses
- Kitchen appliances and home goods (e.g., refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, tabletop burners) (written justification and approval needed)
- Capital improvements and permanent renovations (e.g., playgrounds, buildings, fences, wiring)
- Clothing or uniforms (written justification and approval needed)
- Project banquets/luncheons
- Costs for items/services already covered by indirect costs allocation (supplanting)
- Out of state college tours
- Out of county field trips
- Boat rentals
- Family incentives
- Car mileage
- Laboratory fees
- Health benefits
- Digital Cameras
- Plaques - exceptions shall be made for community events (written justification and approval needed prior)
- Hotel Costs
- Housing - (written justification and approval needed based on programming)
To be added to our mailing list please complete this form.