Progress in Pompano: We are Moving to get you Moving! Changes Coming Soon to Improve Traffic Moving Through Atlantic Blvd/Dixie Hwy Corridor
The City of Pompano Beach continues to analyze and make changes that will improve the traffic congestion on the Atlantic Boulevard and Dixie Highway corridor during phase one of the redevelopment of the future downtown. In order to improve the safety of the roadway, the City will strive to reduce speeding, while keeping traffic flowing smoothly.
As promised at the last City Commission Meeting, our consultant team is “moving quickly to get you moving”. This new round of important changes will be taking place next week and include the following:
- Extending the left-hand turn lane from Atlantic Boulevard to southbound Dixie Highway stacking or storage when the light is red.
- Eliminating the eastbound Atlantic Boulevard and westbound Atlantic Boulevard left hand turn to NE 1st Avenue or SW 1st Avenue.
- Maintaining the right hand turn in and out, from Atlantic Boulevard to ether NE 1st Avenue or SW 1st Avenue from/to Atlantic Boulevard.
- Keeping the three westbound thru lanes on Atlantic Boulevard past NE1st Avenue, and have a lane change into the dedicated right turn lane on Atlantic Boulevard to northbound Dixie Highway.
- Eliminating the through traffic across Atlantic Boulevard from NE 1st Avenue or SW 1stAvenue.
Road work to make these adjustments will start at 9am on 12/29/21. As always, we ask for your patience and cooperation as we work to create a vibrant new Downtown.